WordPress.com VIP Director of Platform Services, Peter Slutsky, presented to the DigitalGov University about using WordPress CMS to build government websites, along with Dan Munz, from the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau, last year, now published with full transcript.
DigitalGov is brought to you by the Office of Citizen Services and Innovative Technologies in the U.S. General Services Administration and their job is to help government agencies build a 21st century digital government.
“Can WordPress be a full-fledged CMS? Our experience is absolutely yes, it can.” — Dan Munz, Deputy Assistant Director for Consumer Engagement at Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
In this presentation you’ll learn:
- How to determine if WordPress is a good option for your agency
- The important technical considerations
- The biggest challenges and successes CFPB had with implementing WordPress
- The resources you’ll need to implement it and keep it sustainable
- How to get buy-in and make the business case to switch/choose WordPress
- And a Q&A from the…
View original post 8,789 more words